The New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) creates transport solutions for a thriving New Zealand. NZTA achieves this through four core business functions:
- Planning the land transport networks
- Investing in land transport
- Managing the state highway network
- Providing access to and use of the land transport system.
Darzin is being used as a centre stakeholder engagement and stakeholder managementsystem for NZTA key road development projects around Wellington. Some of these projects are:
- Mt Victoria Tunnel Duplication
- Wellington to Hutt Valley Walking, Cycling Resilience
- Otaki to Levin Expressway
- Petone to Grenada Link Road
- Ngauranga to Airport
- Nelson Southern Link
- SH2 Ngauranga to Te Marua
- SH2 Te Marua to Masterton
- SH58 Haywards Improvements
- Pekka Pekka to Otaki Expressway
- Awakino Mt Messenger
Robust, consistent and long-term stakeholder engagement data management
After seeing Darzin used by a number of consultants to effectively manage formal submission processes across iconic road development projects, NZTA decided to implement Darzin as their stakeholder engagement system across all NZTA’s major projects in the Wellington area. All consultants’ engagement data were brought in under NZTA license for better sharing of info and long term data tracking. Specific user access levels were created in Darzin to allow the engagement consultants to access their projects while NZTA has the oversight of all data captured in Darzin. Importantly, NZTA is able to retain the project related information as well as track and report across multiple projects.
Darzin provides tools to enable NZTA to meet key objectives in stakeholder management:
- Collect robust information on stakeholders
- Easy, real-time sharing of data – when a stakeholder profile is updated, or a new communication with the stakeholder is uploaded, all team members benefit immediately from the new information
- Develop organisation wide standard for community engagement and stakeholder data management
- Share learning from projects across multiple teams as well as within the organisation. Methods developed in one project is further refined in the next. A good example of this is the efficient submission management process developed using Darzin’s survey function.
- Efficient analysis of stakeholder issues, concerns, suggestions and opportunities
- Enable NZTA to run a range of stakeholder engagement reports across projects to identify trends and cross project issues while their consultants focus on reporting on their specific projects.
In addition, having all stakeholder engagement data stored in Darzin also enables long term knowledge capture and management. End of construction phase all consultation data entered by consultants and contractors remain in Darzin and NZTA staff can continue to build on the existing knowledge with minimum transitional interruption.