The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) is a Victorian Government-owned organisation set up to pay for treatment and benefits for people injured in transport accidents, promote road safety and improve Victoria’s trauma system.
Working closely with Victoria Police, the Department of Justice and VicRoads, the TAC also develops campaigns that increase awareness of road safety issues, change behaviour and ultimately reduce the incidence of road trauma.
TAC 2020 Strategy
In 2016 the TAC announced a new strategy to restore Victoria’s status as the global leader in road safety and to provide world-leading care for people hurt on the roads.
TAC 2020 strategic outcomes focus on two key areas:
- Towards Zero – Eliminate road deaths and serious injuries
- Client’s Life Back on Track – Assist record numbers of Victorians to recover and rehabilitate from an accident
To achieve 2020 goals the TAC focuses on three enablers:
Digital – Embrace technology to make it easier for clients and service providers to access services
Insight – Embrace evidence-based research, data and analystics; embrace organisation-wide approach to translating data which allows data and results to be shared across the TAC to provide insight for decision making
Partners – Build a genuine connection with partners which will deliver high quality, efficient and effective services to the Victorian community.
Stakeholder Database for TAC 2020
From the early stage of TAC2020 development, the TAC recognised the need to establish a stakeholder database that can be shared across the whole organisation to enable the staff to efficiently manage their relationships with partners and key stakeholders. This is one of the key enablers to achieve TAC 2020 goals.
Darzin stakeholder engagement software was implemented for TAC in early 2016 to:
- Provide a central stakeholder database so staff can map the organisation stakeholders, share knowledge and insights about them, to inform engagement strategy and leverage off good relationships
- Record interactions with stakeholders to have a rich understanding of issues and outcomes, to see positive change that has happened in certain stakeholder groups, to better coordinate engagement activities and avoid duplication
- Identify stakeholder themes or issues across the business to address them in timely manner to actively manage social risks and deliver the corporate objectives.
Darzin allows TAC staff to access real time data so they are confident that when they go to meet with a stakeholder they are informed of who they are, their main interests, any potential issues, etc. The knowledge stored in Darzin not only enables TAC to track history of stakeholder relationships but also adds value to the business in the long-term. It helps facilitate a proactive approach to relationship building, hence drive the engagement forward. This is one of the key enablers for TAC to help achieve their TAC2020 strategic objectives.